This is a question that many people ask. It seems that there are as many explanations as people who offer them. The first pronunciation that the English-speaking world used was Jehovah. The most obvious problem with that pronunciation is that there is no ‘J’ in Hebrew. The letter ‘J’ does not appear until about 500 years ago. Now it seems that the most popular pronunciation is Yahweh (YAH-way). The following video is the best explanation that I have heard on this subject so I thought I would share it with you.
Support this Ministry
- Sorry for the hiatus its been a challenging few months but things are looking up now so I will be putting more time into the ministry. 1 year ago
- Just returned from Israel. I will be resuming regular posts. 1 year ago
- Daily Readings for March 9th Through the Bible in One Year Schedule: Numbers 17-18, Psalm 49, Luke 5 Daily... fb.me/4mYBvm1KS 1 year ago
- Daily Readings for March 8th Through the Bible in One Year Schedule: Numbers 15-16, Psalm 48, Luke 4 Daily... fb.me/13D75zUCn 1 year ago
- Daily Readings for March 7th Through the Bible in One Year Schedule: Numbers 13-14, Psalm 47, Luke 3 Daily... fb.me/1MGoxe2aW 1 year ago